Where we come from and
what we stand for
Since our founding in 2004, we have been placing customer proximity at the centre stage. As a leading Google Cloud Partner in the DACH region, we are present in several different locations and offer our clients the entire Google Cloud from a single source; consulting, integration, development, licencing and training. Personal, passionate, uncomplicated and solution-oriented — we accelerate your digital transformation.
Happy clients are good clients and are the foundation for qualitative growth. Client satisfaction is not just a result of the right outcome but also how said outcome was achieved. At Wabion, we firmly believe in the following values:
- We build on trust, integrity, humanity and collaboration as cornerstones for a successful business.
- Our goal is to achieve the best possible result for our clients, in terms of quality and quantity.
- We are conscious of the fact that happy and motivated employees form the base for quality and therefore our success.
- We create the right conditions in which every team member can express themselves freely and adopt responsibility.
- We support further training and thus the innovative character of our employees. The continuing education and certification of our employees is not a “nice to have”, but a “must have”.
- We know what we can do — and what we can’t. This is why we involve specialists in areas that we cannot cover ourselves.
- We are committed to our locations and feel a strong bond with the local environment.
- We give part of our success back to the community and support regional social events and activities.
- We employ environmentally friendly technologies and practice sustainability in everyday business.
In 2004, Volkmar Binder and Michael Walther decided to take a big entrepreneurial step and founded Wabion GmbH, headquartered in Esslingen, Germany. Right from the start, client proximity took the centre stage. The founding of the Swiss Wabion AG by Volkmar Binder, Michael Walther, Michael Gomez and Samuel Pasquier followed in 2013.
Today, the Wabion Group includes locations in Esslingen, Cologne, Munich, Olten and Lausanne, offering Wabion’s complete range of services to the entire German-speaking region. Over 50 certified and award-winning Wabion experts are assisting renowned firms in their transition into Google Cloud. Wabion continues to grow and is accelerating their clients’ digital transformation as the leading Google Cloud Premier Partner in the Germans-speaking region.
Volkmar Binder is, together with Michael Walther, one of the founders and partners of Wabion GmbH. As a wholesale and international trade manager, he is in charge of both technical as well as economic matters, areas in which he boasts thorough and broad expertise thanks to prior positions in IT retail and at several consulting firms. His PMI project management training completes his business profile. Prior to founding Wabion, Binder was a project manager at Lotus Development GmbH and IBM Deutschland GmbH, where he handled international clients and projects.
Michael Walther is, together with Volkmar Binder, one of the founders and partners of Wabion GmbH. He learned the IT trade from scratch as a state-certified electrical engineer specialising in data technology. He has been working in the industry since 1994. Thanks to years of experience across a variety of different positions, he is deeply familiar with both the supplier as well as the customer side of the business. Since the start of the partnership with Google in 2008, Michael Walther has been promoting Wabion’s “Cloud first” approach.
Michael Gomez founded Wabion AG in 2013 together with Samuel Pasquier, Volkmar Binder and Michael Walther. He is a co-owner and co-managing director of Wabion AG. Gomez is a computer science engineer from ETH Zurich and holds an Executive MBA from the University of St. Gallen. Before joining Wabion, he held a management position at one of Switzerland’s largest IT consulting firms. Equipped with this background, he possesses wide-ranging and in-depth knowledge of the Swiss IT landscape.
Samuel Pasquier founded Wabion AG in 2013 together with Michael Gomez, Volkmar Binder and Michael Walther. He is a co-owner and co-managing director of Wabion AG. Originally from western Switzerland, Pasquier studied computer science at ETH Zurich. After completing his studies, he spent several years working at well-known Swiss consulting firms where he led countless IT projects across different sectors.